Free shipping & delivery in Windsor, Lasalle, & Tecumseh. Free shipping & delivery for Ontario with a minimum of 100 CAD per order.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil
Benefits & Features:
- Peppermint is steam distilled from the entire herb. Some of the active components of this oil are menthol, mentone, limonene, menthene, and phellandrene. Some of its areas of origin are India, Europe, the USA, and China.
- It's been used for a long time to treat stomach and gastrointestinal issues like travel sickness, diarrhea, and heartburn. It is highly useful to the stomach, liver, and intestines (intestinal antiseptic), making it good to use while dealing with colic, diarrhea, indigestion, vomiting, and stomach pains.
- Peppermint can also be used for its cooling properties in feverish circumstances, as it stimulates perspiration, which helps to naturally lower a fever. Peppermint cools the body by restricting capillaries, therefore use in little amounts.
- May reduce fatigue and increase mental alertness. Inhaled directly from the bottle, it will clear the head leaving you feeling fresh and bright.
- When fighting colds or the flu, peppermint is effective when mixed with Lavender, Eucalyptus, or Tea Tree. The mixture will help to clear sinuses (expectorant), calm any stomach upsets or headaches and help the body’s immune system fight off infection more effectively.
- To help with cleaning and decongesting acneic skin, peppermint can be used in a facial steam. Its mildly antiseptic capabilities help to control the proliferation of bacteria on the surface of the skin. As a double benefit, this can also help to stimulate the brain (like Rosemary & Basil) and clear the head (great before an exam or other mentally taxing event).
- Of fact, most pests (bugs, mice, spiders, and ants) despise the pungent odor that this plant emits, so keep Peppermint around to deter them from entering your space (sprinkle a few drops on areas they frequent and watch them vacate in a hurry).
- Volume: 10ml glass vial, with a convenient, no-spill roller top.
- Origin: India. Steam distilled from the leaves.
- Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
- General Properties:
- Blends well with Sandalwood essential oil, Rosemary essential oil, Marjoram essential oil, Lavender essential oil, Bergamot essential oil, and Geranium essential oil.
- Solubility: Soluble in oil & alcohol. Non-soluble in water.
*Safety Information: Material Safety Data Sheet: https://57aromas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Peppermint.pdf
*Health Caution: Can be an irritant; use only 1 to 2 drops in the bath. Keep away from children under 7. Avoid during pregnancy. Use for inhalation only to help with nausea. Avoid if you have cardiac fibrillation.
*Disclaimer: The information and opinions provided here are for general educational purposes only and DO NOT replace medical advice. It is your responsibility to consult a suitably qualified medical practitioner to ensure that you will not have any medical problems from any of our products.